CLEAR BRACES IN JUPITER, FL
Having braces doesn't necessarily require highly noticeable metal brackets and wires. In fact, many of today's braces are made from either clear or natural tooth colored materials to provide patients with an attractive, less noticeable alternative to traditional braces.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CLEAR BRACES AND CLEAR ALIGNERS?
Clear braces are the same as traditional metal braces except that they are clear! Clear braces are a less noticeable alternative to traditional metal braces and provide patients with an equally effective treatment.
Clear aligners are different from clear braces. Clear aligners are pieces of hard plastic that are designed to fit into your mouth like a mouthguard. Clear aligners are great for patients requiring minor orthodontic treatment.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES TO CLEAR BRACES?
As with any orthodontic treatment, it is important to choose the right option for your needs and lifestyle. Clear braces are a great alternative to traditional metal braces and your orthodontist will help you determine whether they are the right treatment for you.
Advantages to clear braces:
- Appearance: Ceramic braces and clear braces are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Clear and ceramic braces offer an aesthetic alternative for patients seeking options other than traditional metal braces.
- Confidence: Many patients who choose ceramic or clear braces feel more confident about their orthodontic treatment, especially knowing that people are focusing on their smiles rather than their braces.
Disadvantages to clear braces:
- Cost: Ceramic and clear braces may cost more than traditional metal braces. Your orthodontist may offer convenient payment plans to help control the costs of your treatment. Be sure to talk to your orthodontist about all of your financial options.
- Discoloration: The clear elastic ties used with clear and ceramic braces may become slightly discolored when you drink tea, coffee, or wine, and eat certain foods or smoke. Ask your orthodontist about how you can keep your braces looking their best.
- Treatment Time: Orthodontic treatment with clear or ceramic braces may take longer than with traditional metal braces. If you don't mind investing a little more time in your smile, then talk to your orthodontist to find out how long your treatment time will be with clear or ceramic braces.
ARE CLEAR OR CERAMIC BRACES THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR MY SMILE AND ME?
By talking to your orthodontist, you can decide if clear or ceramic braces are the right treatment for you. Your orthodontist can provide answers to your questions and extra information explaining the benefits of each treatment. If you would like to learn more about clear braces, ceramic braces, and all of the options available to you, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment today.
CLEAR ALIGNERS IN JUPITER, FL
Clear aligners are an effective alternative to traditional braces, because they use a system of clear, removable trays used to straighten teeth. Each aligner is custom-made to fit over your teeth and is designed to gradually move teeth into their proper position. Using clear aligners for orthodontic treatment is not for everyone. The best way to find out if clear aligners are the right option for you is to schedule a consultation with your orthodontist.
HOW DO CLEAR ALIGNERS WORK?
Clear aligners are used as an alternative to traditional braces, and are designed to help guide teeth into proper position. Just like braces, clear aligners use gradual force to control tooth movement, but without any metal wires or brackets. The aligners are made with a strong plastic material that has been fabricated to fit your mouth. As treatment progresses you switch aligners. Each aligner is a little different, so your teeth move a little more with every change.
Aligners are worn for at least 20 hours each day, and you'll receive a new aligner every two weeks. The length of your treatment depends on the severity of your case, and treatment can take anywhere from six months to two years.
ADVANTAGES OF ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT WITH CLEAR ALIGNERS:
Clear aligners are a great alternative for patients who want a straighter smile but do not want to wear metal braces, or for patients who have had treatment in the past and want to make minor corrections to their smile. There are several advantages to orthodontic treatment with clear aligners.
- Clear aligners are easier to keep clean, making it easier to maintain the health of your teeth and gums.
- Clear aligners are comfortable and less likely to irritate your gums and cheeks.
- Clear aligners prevent wear on the teeth from tooth grinding.
- Clear aligners are removable, so it's easier for you to brush and floss after meals.
If you're interested in orthodontic treatment with clear aligners, schedule an appointment and talk to your orthodontist about whether this is the right treatment option for you. Scheduling a consultation is your first step toward achieving the beautiful smile you've always wanted.
See What Our Amazing
Patients are Saying
Need more information? Fill the form below.
Your trust and confidence is essential to our relationship. We would like for you to be comfortable during your visits, and remember your time in braces as a fun and memorable experience every time you see your smile in the mirror. We provide the highest level of patient-focused care, always attentive to your unique needs and concerns, and we do it with a smile.